What's it all about?
Creative conversations about insect conservation. I strive to bring appreciation and understanding of bugs to new audiences, through a range of media and playful, organically unfolding styles reflecting the diversity and colour of life. Come and collaborate with me!
- Forthcoming: Insect folklore video workshops with Midlands Science at Portarlington Library, 14th November 2018.
- Forthcoming: Learning From The Bees conference exhibition, Westergasfabriek, Amsterdam, 7 - 17th September 2018.
- Science and art combine to protect Ireland’s struggling pollinators, interview and video for GreenNews.ie, August 2018
- Wild Postcard Project with SEED Madagascar, Sainte Luce, January 2018 - postcards available here!
- Bugonia, solo exhibition at Bí Urban, Stoneybatter, November - December 2017
- Remembrance Day for Lost Species: Poetry and Music Evening and Pollinator Video Workshop, St. Michan's Church, November 2017
- Rove Beetle, a Dublin Canvas commission, September 2017.
- More Than Bees: Lesser known tips for pollinator conservation, a participatory video project, August 2017.
- Bee Time Artist Residency, UK, July 2017
- Past member and exhibitor at Ormond Studios (2016)
- Open Studio Crit at Mart Studios (25th July 2016)
- The Beauty of Bugs, a two page feature by Cónal Thomas in Dublin InQuirer (Issue 5: September 2016)
- Singer, Community Officer and promotional design work for Discovery Gospel Choir, Ireland's leading intercultural choir (February 2016 - present)
- UCD Innovation Academy mentorship (Endeavour award) with Eileen Diskin of Biodiversity Beermats and The Wild Postcard Project (2015)
- Children's art classes and promotion of local crafts in Madagascar (2014)
- Exhibitions in Ireland, Japan, Romania. Hover over the images below to see where they have been shown.
- Christmas Card designs (2010, 2016)
- Soft Blonde Moustache drawing, singing, playing collective with Mary-Jo Gilligan, Julia McConville and Aileen Murphy (2008 - present). Highlights include a solo exhibition and book launch at Monster Truck, a solo exhibition in Studio 8, Ljubljana, and 'Cyanotis binocularis', a Darwin-inspired installation at the Royal Irish Academy, as part of the Douglas Hyde Gallery's Preponderance of the Small.
- BA in Fine Art Print, National College of Art and Design.
- Member of the Defastenist Movement.
Scroll down further to see a selection of my work over the years...